Monday, March 25, 2013

MY DISTRICT IS ON FIRE!!!!

Mom!!!! Well i am feeling a ton better than i was haha. This week was a rougher one. But the baptisms on saturday were amazing!!! Our district had seven!!! Thats unheard of here! The valenzuelas were so awesome. Se'riously the funniest baptism that i have been to. They were just so happy. The kids were so excited to get baptized. It was amazing to see their dad do three in a row! So great! After they were so happy too. The dad came up and was like so just because they qre baptized doesnt mean that you guys cant still come over to our house and like hang out or something haha. And then the mom came up and just thanked me with tears in her eyes. I felt so warm and fuzzy. But really it made me feel so good. It was just amazing. Like always its hard to put into words. Other than that the week was interesting. 

On monday we went to sacre coeur. That was sweet. ThenTuesday i did an exchange with the zone leaders in paris itself. I was super sick. So that was hard. I was dizzy and had a sore throat haha. But i just kept working. And then on wednesday we finished the exchange and then i went to a southern area of paris called evry on another exchange with an elder from my district. I did three baptismal interviews for the sisters with barely any voice. Then the next morning i had completely lost my voice. But i had another interview for baptism to do. So i got my voice warmed up to the point where i had to yell for him to hear me haha. That was great. I had my comp for the day call the mission doctor and he told me to rest and not talk for a couple days. That hurts as a missionary. So on friday i ended up staying in all day. And on saturday i felt a ton better. And now i am practically healed! haha. But yeah it was an interesting experience. 

While i was on exchanges and away from our sector and sick my comp did nothing. So the work here is kinda dead haha. But we will get it back going. I am done with my comp though. We will just leave it at that.  Being dl is going well. The district is on fire! haha. So cool. Our districvt had seven baptisms this weekend. There were eight in the whole mission haha. 

I got the pkg with the taco stuff and the cookies and reeces and other amazing things! Thank you! The soup did wonders for me while i was sick! It was so good!  Thank you for what you said about the atonement. I actually studied it in alma 7 isaiah 53 and hebrews 2 today. It was amazing. I never really understood the atonement before my mission and how personal it is. Im so grateful for the testimony i have of it.  Im grateful for this time i have on my mision. Im very grateful. Love you tons!!!! Talk to you on Saturday with transfer news!
(Here are pics of the Valezuela family at the baptism. Adorable.)
Elder Thomas

More pics to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment