Tuesday, March 20, 2012


March 12,2012
Bonjour ma famille! Good morning from Lille, France! The contacting is just getting better and better. I’m learning how to better introduce the gospel to people and how to help them to want to learn more. We have a lesson every day this week so it should be great. Last week we finally taught Lassy. It was pretty good. We taught him about the book of Mormon and then watched the restoration video with him. Afterwards, I asked him why he met with us and what he wanted to learn or take from it. He told us that the night that we contacted him he missed his bus and could have just taken the metro. But felt like just waiting in the park and thinking for a bit. He said he started thinking about Jesus and then turned and saw us approaching him with Jesus Christ on our name tags. And he knew he needed to talk to us. So legit!
 This week has been very successful. It was great. Sundays here are almost as good as back home. The ward here is so great. They are all so strong and are all looking for missionary opportunities. We had the chance to go do service with the bishop w\for a lady in the ward on Saturday. We trimmed these massive 10 foot tall hedges with a super heavy chainsaw. I definitely got my workout in! I love service. This Sunday in sacrament I translated for a Tongan family in the ward who only speaks English. It was so hard! I’m surprised that I was able to! I absolutely love being on a mission. It is the best thing in the world! I know that heavenly father is looking over me and all of our family. Thank you guys for everything! Love you so much and I’ll talk to you soon!   Elder Thomas 

No comments:

Post a Comment