Saturday, April 14, 2012


Good morning!          4-9-12

 Easter was pretty good. Different than normal though. We went to church. We were supposed to have an amis there but he didn’t show up. Oh well. After church we went home and were starving because it was fast Sunday haha. Here we start our fast on Saturday after lunch and then eat after church. We had a burrito fete! haha. That just means we ate burritos. Kind of wierd on Easter. Then we had a rendezvous with a Chinese student here. He was a referral from another area so we had never met him. We ended up standing at the metro station for an hour because he went to the wrong stop. We had a great lesson with him though. His name is Peng Fei. He is 24 years old and already has a Masters and is almost done with his second!  Crazy smart. Then we came back home and set up a big couch with our mattresses in our room haha. And we watched the movie 17 miracles. It is so good. You need to go out and get it and watch it soon!
Hopefully we can find something to do today haha. All week we have been planning to go bowling. But today is a holiday. So there is nobody in the streets and everything is basically closed. We can’t even do our shopping today. France is crazy about holidays and vacations. But I’m sure we will find something to do. 
This morning we had a lesson with a man from Africa. It went really well. He already has faith. But now he said he will find out if the Book of Mormon is right. I finished the BofM again this last week! It is so amazing. I was also reading in the New Testament. I found a really cool set of scriptures that I wrote down and hung on my wall. I think it is John 14:12-21. I hope that’s right. Anyway, I am doing well as always. France is so awesome. I can’t let myself forget where I am! Whenever the work gets tough, which is a lot, we take a break and get some yummy food or just go into a cool store or take some pictures. It is so cool. I have no doubt in my mind about this gospel. It is really the truth. If I didn’t know for 100 percent that it was true I wouldn’t sacrifice so much for it. Everyone needs it in their lives.

I love you guys so much! I love the package and letters. Thank you again! I think about you guys all of the time. And I started writing down a list of things I want to do together when I get home. Love you and miss you! Talk to you soon and maybe later today since France looks dead today. Haha! Love you!

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment